Sunday, August 8, 2010

Honeymoon; Cancun

Our last stop on our Cruise was Cancun. I typically hate Mexico, but had never been to Cancun, and I'm hooked! We would seriously consider taking a vacation there some day. For this trip, we went to the Mayan Ruins and then to a resort afterwards to get in some swim time. It was amazing!!! Couple things we learned:

1. Mayans practiced Human Sacrifice... They would take the "sacrificer" up to the top of the pyrmaids, split their chest open, rip out their their heart and offer it up to their gods (while it was still beating). Awesome.

2. All mexican food is not bad (in mexico). Typically I would never eat or drink food that is made in Mexico but the food we had at the resort was some of the best mexican food that I have ever had in my life.

3. Mexico has a pretty ocean. They have some of the most beautiful water I have ever seen!

4. Our tour guides names were Nacho and Ignacio, and our bus driver was Carlos. You can't get any better than that!































Seriously, go here... You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment