Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rain, Rain, Rain.....

This post is coming a little late, but a couple of weeks ago, we had soooo much rain! I think we may have hit our rainfall goal for the year which typically doesn't happen in Arizona.

There was so much rain, they had to drain Tempe town Lake. The lake was designed to act as a pass-through for river water during storms. From what I read, they basically release water from lake down the Salt River Channel so new floodwater is allowed to flow through the lake. I live right on the lake, and it is one of the things I am going to miss the most when I move.... Seeing how they've only done this 3 times in the past 3 years, I had to go see it. So right after work I took my camera and went to take pictures...
You can see the water line on the wall where the water usually is... I had no idea that this lake is not very deep at all....
This storm was incredible.... Can you tell we don't get this much?
You can't really see it in the pictures that I took, but there were oil bins, crates, ice chests, tires, and so many other things hanging out at the bottom of this lake... But I was incredibly sad to see this... dead baby fish :(
but don't worry, some of them made it :)

There was a GINORMOUS (is this word in the dictionary? If not it needs to be....) fish that was caught in the part of the lake that must have had a really deep part. It didn't make it out so it was trapped... You can kind of see it in this picture.


I wouldn't normally say this, but hopefully we don't get much more rain for the next few months. I would like to move in to a nice brand new house without any delays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment